Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'm back!

Time for another update I guess. I really wish I was better about updating here, but I just forget.

Joseph (20) moved out today. I had to comfort my crying daughter (8) after he left...it's hard for her to watch all her brothers leave. Luckily for her, one of them will come back soon. Eythan (almost 16) is only away temporarily at a boarding school so he'll be back. But Josh and Joseph are both gone for good...they are 20 and 21 now so they will be on their own. It's good...it's time. You know, that age when they need to be on their own because they don't like the rules anymore and need their own space. They (like everyone at that age) tried to fight it some but will end up loving it when they finally go. Joseph will be so happy living in his own apartment and Josh has been for over a year now. It's just hard to explain to an 8 year old why they have to leave. She'll understand someday.

We put a sign in our yard this week. Now we have to finish getting the house ready to actually show it. We are getting a storage unit for all the things that make it look junky in here. It's the easiest way to keep it nice enough to show. With all 3 boys gone (for now) it will be easier to show. It's hard keeping a house full of kids clean all the time! We are excited about moving. We don't know where we'll move yet...we are waiting on God for that information. Our hearts are torn between Keller, TX and Springfield, MO. So we have asked God to guide us and tell us where he wants us. If only he could speak to us in an audible voice, that would be great!

My sweet daughter was a little Dalmatian for Halloween this year.





I'm so glad I don't have to fight my kids on what's appropriate for Halloween costumes. I don't like Halloween and would prefer that we not celebrate it. However, my husband sees no harm in it as long as we keep the evil out of it. So it is never okay for them to dress in anything even remotely evil, but it's never been a problem thankfully. I was especially happy with Savannah's choice this year. :-) And the boys are pretty much too old for dressing up...fortunately.

I am still on my weight loss journey. It is taking longer than I was hoping but at least I'm going in the right direction. I have lost 32 pounds so far and have about 18 to go. We are at the gym every day...even on Sundays. I have a Body Bugg to keep me on track with calories in and calories out. I burn 2200-2550 calories and eat 1200-1250 a day. That should get me losing 2 pounds a week (burning 1000 more than you eat is the goal for a 2 pound weight loss per week). I am actually losing about a pound a week. I might be cheating here and there by having jelly beans and hard candies, but I can't imagine it would cost me a whole pound a week! I don't eat THAT much! So I think my body is just fighting me...which is okay. As long as I'm losing I'll be fine...I'll get there, right? I'm wearing size 10 jeans now (yea!) and they are getting loose so hopefully 8s are right around the corner! It's been 10+ years since I've been that small! And I have to admit I feel GREAT!

Gotta go to bed now. I hope everyone is well. I'll be back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I wonder if it's possible to get your "A girl's world" somewhere? I once had this kit and would need some elements.

    Kindest Regards from Sweden,
    Åse (ase @ falkman-fredrikson.se

    ReplyDelete