Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of Homeschooling

Our first day of homeschooling...I started a little less enthusiastic than I had hoped. I was awake until 4am with a stomach ache, so when my alarm went off @ 6:30, I was NOT ready. Since homeschooling is such a relaxed environment, I allowed myself to stay in bed until I woke up again @ 7am. I was hoping to wake up @ 6:30, get Savannah up, eat breakfast, get ready and start by 7. We were going to work for an hour then to the gym (the childcare doesn't open at the gym until 8am), then back home to finish school. But instead we got up @ 7, got ready, ate breakfast, made beds, then started school @ 8:15. I've decided that 7 is awfully early to start school anyway so I think 8 is a good goal. Then we can take a break sometime around 10 and hit the gym and finish when we get back. Today we aren't going to the gym because my stomach still isn't feeling great so we'll try that schedule tomorrow. So far it's going a little slower than I expected because it's almost lunchtime (it's 11:30) and we are just finishing Language Arts and still have Math. We may not be able to finish by lunch every day, which is okay. :)

Here she is (before we started) very excited and ready for the day!






And our faithful companions (Sammy and Goldie) sitting at our feet because they follow me everywhere I go. I thought it was because all 3 of us were in the office but then when I laid down on the couch for a few minutes while Savannah was working, they followed right behind me sitting by my feet at the couch. I love my dogs.


We'll see what tomorrow holds. Hopefully I'll get a better night's sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment